Pine Flat Lake Area
Attractions and Activities
Visitors to the Pine Flat Lake area enjoy a pretty mountain setting, a sparkling lake, and great recreation opportunities. Those who camp at nearby Choinumni Campground are close enough to drive up to Pine Flat Lake for the day.
Pine Flat Lake rests among beautiful oak covered hills, attracting boaters, campers, hikers, and anglers.
- Find a 20-mile-long lake to explore by boat.
- Take advantage of boat ramps, a marina, fishing, water skiing, and sailing.
- Find nearby places for hiking and mountain biking.
- Fishing is good for bass, rainbow trout, chinook and kokanee salmon, catfish, bluegill, and crappie.
- Attend weekly summer interpretive programs at Island Park Amphitheater.
- School groups can arrange a reservation for tours of the dam.
- Whitewater rafting is available upstream on the Kings River.
Key Choinumni Campground Regulations
- Quiet Hours are from 10 PM to 6 AM. No radios or generators may be operated during quiet hours.
- Dogs must be leashed and attended. Dogs must be confined to a vehicle or tent at night.
- A maximum of 2 tents are permitted per campsite.
Pine Flat Lake
Choinumni Park sits along the Kings River, about 31 miles east of Fresno and 3 miles downstream from Pine Flat Reservoir. Choinumni Park and Choinumni Campground are operated by Fresno County Parks. The 170-acre park is popular for picnicking, fishing, and hiking. A short drive takes campers to Pine Flat Lake with its great boating and fishing.
Choinumni Campground has 75 campsites, all of which can accommodate RVs, trailers, and tents. There is also a group campsite for up to 75 people.
General Camping Information for
Opening and closing dates of campgrounds are only estimates, usually dependent on snow conditions. Not all campsites can accommodate trailers or RVs of all lengths. Check carefully on the reservation website when you make your reservation to be sure your vehicle will fit your campsite.
In order to prevent the spread of invasive insects, obtain firewood locally.