Campgrounds North of San Francisco Bay Area
Lake, Marin, Napa, Sonoma, and Yolo counties offer a wide variety of camping experiences.
- Redwood Forests: Hendy Woods State Park - a quiet location, deep in the redwoods, great for small children and those who enjoy the beauty of nature. 2nd choice, Samuel P. Taylor State Park
- Beach Camping: Salt Point State Park - campsites set back from the ocean near many attractions. Spectacular coast, historic sites. 2nd Choice, Wright's Beach for ocean-front camping.
- Lake Camping: Clear Lake State Park - Wide choice of beautiful campsites near lake with beach, water skiing, fishing.
Campgrounds with Group Campsites
- Bothe-Napa Valley State Park - Ritchey Campground
- Bushay Campground - Lake Mendocino
- Cache Creek Regional Park Campground - Yolo Co.
- Clear Lake State Park - Lake Co.
- Doran Regional Park - Bodega Bay
- Fuller Grove Campground - Lake Pillsbury
- Liberty Glen Campground - Lake Sonoma
- Salt Point State Park - Sonoma Co. coast
- Samuel P. Taylor State Park - Marin Co., includes a group equestrian camp
- Spring Lake Regional Park - Santa Rosa
Campgrounds with Equestrian Campsites
- Lake Sonoma: Liberty Campground Group Equestrian Campground
- Samuel P. Taylor State Park Group Horse Camp