Santa Cruz Mountains Campgrounds
The Santa Cruz Mountains are home to a number of popular redwood state parks and county parks, all with great camping facilities. While Big Basin is the best known, many of the others have long been favorites with locals.
Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park campground is so close to Santa Cruz that it is easy for campers to spend the day at the beach and then return to their forested campsite. San Mateo County's Memorial Park has standard campsites along with group sites. All the campgrounds accept reservations.
Dedicated Group Campgrounds
- Sam McDonald Park: Group Youth Campgrounds
- Big Basin Redwoods SP: Sky Meadow Group Campground, Sequoia Group Campground
Campgrounds with Group Campsites
- Portola Redwoods SP: Portola Group Tent Campsites
- Memorial Park: Wurr Flat Group Campground, Youth Group Campgrounds
Campgrounds with Equestrian Campsites
- Sam McDonald Park: Jack Brook Horse Camp