Recommended Sonora Pass Campgrounds
A number of excellent campgrounds are found along the Highway 108 corridor over Sonora Pass.
- Family Destinations: Pinecrest Campground and Meadowview Campground - a beautiful lake with a dedicated swimming beach, marina with boat rentals, fishing dock, trail around the lake, bike trails, hot showers, and more.
- River Fishing: Baker Campground and Deadman Campground - both near popular Kennedy Meadows where huge trout are being pulled out of the Stanislaus River every summer. 2nd choice - Sand Flat Campground - The Clark Fork draws anglers from around the state.
- Lake Fishing: TeleLi puLaya Campground and Beardsley Campground - Troll for the big fish in Beardsley Reservoir.
- Equestrian Camps: Clark Fork Horse Camp and Pine Valley Horse Camp - two of the best camps for those with horses, close to many great trails. 2nd choice - Kerrick Corral Horse Camp.
- Quiet Retreats: Fraser Flat Campground - park-like setting along the Stanislaus River, good place for RVs and trailers, easy access fishing. Also TeleLi puLaya Campground.
- Group Campgrounds - Pioneer Trail Group Campground - close to Pinecrest Lake.