Crane Valley Group Campground
Foret Service Notice: "Attention: Crane Valley will be closed the entire 2017 camping season due to a massive hazard tree removal."
Crane Valley Group Campground is at the north end of Bass Lake in the Sierra National Forest. Bass Lake has long been a popular mountain recreation destination, offering fishing, boating, waterskiing, and hiking. Groups at Crane Valley have access to nearby beaches and swim areas, picnic areas, resorts, marinas, launch ramps, and trails.
Crane Valley Campground has 7 group campsites set in a cedar, pine, and oak forest about ½ mile back from the lake. Campsites are well shaded, but are rather spartan. Most sites have a couple of tables and a fire pit. Restrooms are portable toilets. Those looking for more appealing group sites might first consider nearby Recreation Point Group Campground. A 2-night minimum stay is required at Crane Valley on weekends and 3 nights on holiday weekends. Besides the camping fee, each group is charged $7 per vehicle.
- Site A up to 30 people and 8 vehicles. Room for several RVs. $142.50 per night plus tax
- Site B up to 30 people and 8 vehicles. Remote location, spacious, room for 4-5 RVs. $142.50 per night plus tax
- Site C up to 12 people and 4 vehicles. Room for 1 RV. $57 per night plus tax
- Site D up to 24 people and 8 vehicles. Room for several RVs. $114 per night plus tax
- Site E up to 30 people and 8 vehicles. Spacious area, room for 3-4 RVs. $142.50 per night plus tax
- Site F up to 12 people and 3 vehicles. Room for several RVs. $57 per night plus tax
- Site G up to 18 people and 5 vehicles. Large flat area for tents, room for 1 RV. $57 per night plus tax
General Camping Information
Not all campsites can accommodate trailers or RVs of all lengths. Check carefully on the reservation site when you make your reservation to be sure your vehicle will fit your campsite. Opening dates for campgrounds may vary as they are often dependent on weather conditions.
Campground reservations become available 6 months in advance.
Designated Accessible sites are usually reserved for people with disabilities who have a vehicle displaying an accessible parking placard or license plate