Shasta Lake Campgrounds
Campgrounds abound along the shores of Shasta Lake. Often they are frequented by anglers and boaters who want to use them as a comfortable base where they can relax after a day on the water. Campgrounds on Gilman Road up the McCloud River Arm are quieter than those near noisy Interstate 5.
Some campgrounds serve a double function as both group and family campgrounds. Those campgrounds do not have group facilities such as group cooking areas and group campfires. They are simply a cluster of individual sites.
Combination Group & Family Campgrounds
- Moore Creek Group/Family Campground
- Pine Point Group/Family Campground
- Nelson Point Group/Family Campground
Dedicated Group Campgrounds with Good Group Facilities
- Dekkas Rock Group Campground
- Hirz Bay 1 Group Campground
- Hirz Bay 2 Group Campground